Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The 9th Judgment by James Patterson

I happened to be at the top of the waiting list somehow for this one, I thought it would take longer. Of course I relate better to these than the Alex Cross books because of the female leads. But I do enjoy them and I'm glad that the show was canceled, sorry J.P., but they couldn't keep up with the real thing.

The Women's Murder Club books follow four simple female characters of various professional careers and their love lives. If you haven't read them, go do that now and then come back and finish reading this.

And as I mentioned in my previous post, it's about a gunman who kills mothers and their babies. And I mean little babies, 2 and under. In case you haven't looked at my profile, my son will turn 2 in April. These books scared the sh*t out of me. I think about it every time I go to my car from work in the parking garage.

There is also another crime spree. A jewel thief who is breaking into houses during dinner parties and making away with some very expensive things. This story really blows up when one of the victims of theft is also gunned down. As a reader we know who the real killer is and are left wondering how Boxer and the girls will figure it out.

The storyline was good, but the ending really got me. After reading the Slaughter books and knowing how surprising an ending can be, well, I won't say more because I don't want to give it away. Just read it for yourself, preferably before 10th Anniversary comes out in May!! I love books in a series! But it deals with more babies... gah!

No comments:

Post a Comment